***REVIEW*** SPECK – DuoFolio iPad Air Case
Along with a recent Speck delivery of iPhone & Galaxy cases I got the DuoFolio iPad Air case. Been used for a couple of weeks now, Thoughts Below
So along with the mobile cases was a rather nifty looking Pad Air case. The DuoFolio case from Speck is a remarkably slim offering as the UAG case that was on the iPad Air is rather bulky heavy. Given the feature below I expected it to be a little heavier weight wise.
- Military-grade drop protection without the bulk Multi-layer, slim design of this iPad Air case delivers unsurpassed impact protection without the bulk to save your iPad Air from accidental drops and provide complete peace of mind.
- Slim profile and durable textured finish The sleek, durable construction of DuraFolio adds a mere 0.3” to your iPad Air while the textured finish provides secure handling and grip for sophisticated style.
- Magnetic folio for auto wake/sleep and closure. These iPad Air covers feature integrated magnets wake and sleep iPad Air on open and close and keep the folio cover firmly sealed to protect the screen.
- Folio benefits The multiple viewing angles and the optimal typing angle in these iPad Air cases make reading, viewing, and typing even easier.
Open the box and you are present with the case resting in an insert, taking the case out of the box and open the front to which you have a screen protector in a box. I decided not to apply this as its a personal preference. Inserting the iPad into the case is child’s play to be fair, extremely easy and it’s done in seconds with a snug secure fit.
Stupid as I am i could not figure out how to use the stand for a few mins so reverted to the box art. Then it became clear. and to be fair it works very well indeed. Some other cases I have used tend to slip on the landscape position but due to the many ridges on this unit it stands with ease and does not slip at all.
Resting on either a table, arm of a sofa, on my lap it just remains standing. In fact the drop test worked well as my youngest did not spot it on the sofa and knocked it onto the floor. everything protected and all ok, his face was a picture though as he knew exactly what he did and it’s like it played in slow motion for him.
I was given the Dark Grey and peacock blue variant and it look great.
All in all it is now the goto case for me due to the light weight protection it offers.
5/5 from me.
Latest posts by The Working Dad (see all)
- Sennheiser Momentum M2 IEBT review - May 22, 2017
- Dog Neutered, Wife away, how will i cope.. - May 8, 2017
- Sick kids a Bank Holiday weekend and a fun week ahead - May 3, 2017