The end of Santa and a return to work…
Yesterday was quite interesting, 1) I returned to work after a near 5 week sick leave 2) Santa ended for Dylan 3) Ireland make it to Euro2016 1) So after 5 weeks out of work with my hand surgery i returned to work, I was advise to take a further week out but i am going crazy sat at home. As I type this I just remember I forgot my sick cert!!! So I am still in pain from the op, taking pain killers, still in a cast, cannot use my right hand for more than 20 mins if at all. Still better than sitting at home though and feeling soooo guilty for slipping in the rain on a non slippery surface?
2) Santa died a little in our house when Dylan(12) found out once and for all Santa is not real. To be honest he was a little unsure last year and we are stunned that we got this far but the other day he mentioned to mum “I have a feeling you and dad get the presents however, I am not 100% and have no proof”. Mum simply said does it really matter where the gifts come from, just believe in christmas and the fun times we have. I told him i still believe in christmas as its an amazing time with the lights, family, movies, gifts, fun and games, tree, the traditional christmas eve baking and the rest of the holiday. It had to happen some day and to make it 4 weeks away from your 13th birthday it pretty good going.
3) Well done to Ireland in joining England and Wales and Northern Ireland getting to Euro2016 finals in France next year. We all watched the match last night and great result never in doubt once they took the lead. Only black mark on the game was the disrespected silence for the victims of the french attacks last week.
Latest posts by The Working Dad (see all)
- Sennheiser Momentum M2 IEBT review - May 22, 2017
- Dog Neutered, Wife away, how will i cope.. - May 8, 2017
- Sick kids a Bank Holiday weekend and a fun week ahead - May 3, 2017